EXPERIENCED Water Treatment Service Technician
About Carroll Water Systems:
Carroll Water is a family owned and operated commercial and residential water treatment and well drilling company serving Central Maryland and Northern Virginia for more than 135 years. Carroll Water is a locally owned and operated Maryland company that provides high quality water treatment services and products, as well as well services.
We offer a competitive salary including full time benefits package, bonus compensation plan, gift card giveaways, and great company events.
The Water Treatment Service Technician I role is responsible for successfully supporting service initiatives by providing excellent customer service and completion of tasks assigned. The Service Technician I has completed apprenticeship program and is able to complete basic service tickets on water systems under general supervision.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provides basic service and customer support during dispatched service tickets
- Completes on site repair and maintenance tasks of customer equipment in a timely manner.
- Delivers materials to client sites
- Deciphers initial diagnosis of technical problems while onsite, determines corrective action with support from senior Service Technicians
- Documents service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, logs and records
- Operates Carroll Water Systems vehicles in a safe manner
- Builds positive relationships with customers, maintains relationship with customers by identifying solutions and system improvements
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational and job training opportunities
- Suggests innovative ideas to increase sales and improve customer service
- Performs other duties as assigned
Position Type and Expected Work Hours:
This role is Full Time. The Service Technician’s work week is 4 days from 7A to 5P. The Service Technician is expected to work no more than 40 hours per week.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic mechanical skill set
- Experience with water treatment
- Ability to work flexible shifts and adapt to changing work schedules
- Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair and service equipment
- Technical degree or certification preferred (training available)
- English literacy