Radon is a radioactive gas that is created through the natural decay of uranium, which is found in nearly all soils. This radioactive gas is cancer causing and is not detectable by sight, smell or taste. Radon is the leading cause of lung cancer among non-smokers and is responsible for nearly 20,000 deaths annually. Radon can enter a building through cracks and holes in a foundation or through the water supply, specifically through well water. Drinking water with radon has been shown to increase a person’s risk for stomach cancer.
Radon Water Testing and Removal


While utilizing a “point of use” treatment system is effective at removing radon from drinking water, it will not reduce exposure to radon released into the air from all the other sources of water that is used in the home. Therefore, Carroll Water recommends the use of point of entry radon treatment systems for most residential applications.

Want to Know What is in Your Water?

Scroll to Top